EXPERIMENT: I FREAKING HATE TORTURE MOVIES

I hate torture movies so bad. I believe it's one of the downfalls of society. People used to see bad things but not willingly, or at least not searching for it (except maybe freak shows back in the time but that was "curiosity" and the search of unusual, not the search of highly disturbing images). 

I do not shame anyone liking those movies, not at all. I understand that it is a real passion of some people and respect it, I myself like some horror movies such as Funny Games (1997) or even Titane (2021), which is not far from torture movies but still isn't (=body horror). What I hate the most are the H**** C******** movies (Tom Six movies, just look it up if you have no idea of what I'm talking about). To give a bit of context, that's my Letterboxd review:" I didn’t even finish the movie and it makes me want to throw up every time I think about the concept. fuck whoever had this sick idea. and fuck whoever made it popular. if anyone you know likes those movies please run and if anyone mentions this movie to me I’ll direct my spew in your direction. yes, this is a threat." I think I owe you a bit more explanations before the real matter... I hate seeing harm in movies. It simply is impossible for me to enjoy movies like that. I don't mind punches. I only mind when it's open wounds or anything going under or perforating the skin. I believe that every movie is thought and can and could (and may also will) be real if it's not already. Movies that are possible, and depict horrible and morbid traps or pain are beyond unsettling, alarming, and anxiety-provoking for me. P-S: It however doesn't affect me when the person or living is dead, then, since no pain can be felt: I don't feel either. Enough with me and I and myself on this, let's get the real me matter.


Hence I am going to do an experiment (because I, apparently, like to have stupid ideas), watch Saw (2004), and comment on EVERYTHING that I think of during this movie. I definitely will regret it later.

This is for educational purposes only, do not reproduce. 

Let's go. (I might as well get immunized.)

Bluewater. Screaming. Talking to oneself. Someone answering. More shouting. The other person is unbothered. Shouting guy is being blinded by the lights (s.o. The Weeknd). Dead body. Camera spinning. Shouting-guy is now, weirdly, not shouting anymore. Never mind he is. His name is very fucking confusing. The unbothered guy asks questions. Shouting-guy is looking for his kidneys. Those were the five first minutes.

The classical music when asking for his name with the little look over the elbow… Perhaps romance? Is this the allegory of time passing by, conducted by the loss of liberties due to unpredicted and exclusive love?

Play me. 

Honestly, so far, it’s interesting: there’s suspense, opposed personalities, cold visuals… I might even like it. 

Wait no, you’re telling me that stupid mean impolite douchebag is a Doctor? You have an hour to prove to me you’re worth your doctorate or it’s your end. Except if you meet your end sooner. Ahahah he put his hand in the poop that’s hilarious. Oh, but the bag was on the upper half hahaha he put his hand in the poop for no reason!!! 

Is marionette gonna make someone who is already mentally unwell hurt himself even more? What the hell. It’s okay so far. Even though I can’t imagine stepping on the glass like that.

The movie getting boring now c’mon. Shi never mind first actual trap which made me almost pass out thinking about it, it’s like the reverse beat trap I believe it’s called. Hello Amanda. Honestly, I don’t care about the traps I just want to know how JigSaw selects the victims. WTF IS THIS 360 TURNING CAMERA …IT’S PRETTY COOL. Looks like a video game. If the guy isn’t dead, it’s less horrible. HE IS NOT. She killed him flawlessly as she should! Boss lady. Boom the trap is down. Marionette is on his little bike like life’s good, maybe even listening to some early Bruno Mars tunes, birds chanting, sun shinning… I’m half in the movie now. Two wasted cops. One* Mister isn’t dead.

Honestly so far this movie is not bad at all, I think I picked the wrong one because my disgust theory doesn’t work there. The movie isn’t really good though. Acting isn’t really the best and the music and shots it’s really not great. It’s fun though. Gay too. We even got a GirlBoss moment.


Well Well Well. This was a fail! Because I watched this movie to end up without any answer! Very cool 0/10. On a serious note, I’m glad Saw wasn’t as bad as I thought. Maybe the other ones are the worst, I don’t want to find out. I still don’t like that kind of movies. It’s too plausible, too realistic in a way. Puts me in a bad seat because of the possible outcome, not the actual graphics. Anyways that was something! See you all soon for another ranting experiment.

P-S: The ending turned out to be really freaking good.




Comments

Popular Posts