Song Discoveries #1




Beginning my blog with song recommendations and the vibes I get off them. Obviously this week discoveries. Will talk about my all-time favorites an another day.

4:00 A.M. by Taeko Onuki. Said to be Japanese Pop but whole different spirit while listening to it, Orchestra; Chorus; Flute... Best discovery of this week, I need to look up into their other songs, will get back to you with this artist. Found in a Youtube video.


4H du mat by Jaïa Rose. Just noticed by witting it that both of the songs have the same name: funny coincidence. Is considered as R&B/Soul, would add Pop by the used instruments. Amazing vibe, Beautiful voice, pehiminent instruments but not too much, the voice rhythms it all. In every point perfect. Found in the show Stalk (legally free-to-watch on France Tv Slash).

People of The Pride by Coldplay. Of course alternative rock. Boys came back with a new album, haven't listened to the whole lot but this one caught me off guard. I love the meaning and way to phrase it. It feeling quite experimental but slaps. Also I am a huge fan of the whole "Singing without much instruments and then huge instrument phase without speaking, and then re-singing..." Have to listen to understand. Shazamed in a shop.

Stargirl Interlude by The Weeknd (no, by Lana Del Rey, but whatever pleases him) Too short but perfect... Lana never fails. Is said to be R&B/Soul, I think it's a bit rock alternative too, really experimental. The vocals are indescribable, have to listen to believe it. Also not to be mean on The Weeknd but his part was useless (love his work though). Found it (shamefully) on tiktok.

Mary by Alex G. Alternative rock possibly. Not in love with this song but is 24/7 in my head. It's very calm and cute. Very Alex G-ish. "Mary is the girl that I wanna kiss, She's got big red eyes and big red lips" Yes, always in my mind. I don't even know a single Mary. A friend sent this song to me.

Living Legend by (Lord) Lana Del Rey. Said toi be alternative, I think this album is extremely experimental, and even in general, Lana has always had her own style. The vocals and lyrics are just golden. And this last bit where she manages to imitate a saxophone with "why"s and some voice modifications is just incredible. Like Madam Williams said "She's got a point, she's an icon, she's a legend and she is the moment..." Now come on now! Found it by listening to her new album.

exile by Taylor Swift and Bon Iver. As always, I'm late to the party, but who cares? No one was waiting for me. That song is qualified as alternative but it's basically beautiful voices on calm piano notes. I'm never disappointed by Bon Iver and it confirms it once again. Not even to mention Miss Swift. Know or do not know this song, do your thing, I told you. Found it in the Netflix show You (final scene).

It's a Jungle out There by Randy Newman. May have lied, I know this song since I'm very young, but I've quite recently found out the name. It's the theme from the show Monk. I used to love this series and its generic as a child and  I love it even more now. Nostalgia, you know. Sadly it's not the same version, but it's close enough. 

Done for today's discoveries! Tell me some songs you love and if you've liked some of those. See you xx


Comments

Popular Posts